Rather than bore you with a long winded NOR, here are the salient points about the Fleet
- Safety First - As a group, the Fleet will determine if conditions are safe. Drysuit and wetsuits are strongly recommended.
- Races start at 12:30 PM sharp. In the event that there is no wind, racing will be called off at 12:45 PM at the latest. No need to sit around all day in the cold waiting for the wind. Plus once you sit next to the fire in the clubhouse, there won't be any desire to sail.
- Course will be short in length ranging from 10 to 20 minutes with 3 minute dinghy starts. Gotta keep moving to stay warm.
- The Fleet will look to complete 6 races a day with one throw out if 4 or more races are sailed.
- One race will be a crew race (where the crews skipper) depending on wind strength. This will normally be in the 3rd race of the day.
- No spinnakers will be used in the frostbite fleet.
- All penalties will be resolved by completing one turn only. This encourages adherence to the rules and limits protests.
- Top 60% of your scores count toward the season scoring.
- Protests will be a learning experience for the whole fleet. In the event that there is a protest, the hearing will be held with the whole fleet allowed to listen in. This allows everyone to learn about the protest process as a group. The protest will be debriefed following the protest discussing how each party could have presented their case differently. Oh, and the winner of the protest owes a beer to the loser (yep, you read that right).
- 10 minute end of the day debriefs will be held by the days leaders. The leaders will discuss setup, tactics, etc.